My roommate and I have been slowly but surely re-decorating our living room – emphasis on slowly. We’re both definitely on a budget, and I’m in a weird place when it comes to purchasing home decor because I don’t want to invest in low quality items. I am also trying to be realistic about my future and not invest in high price-tag items if I might be moving again in the future (which I most likely will be).
That means we’re being much more selective with what we’re buying, so the process has definitely been very slow and deliberate. That said, we’ve been looking around so much that I’ve come across some incredible and affordable home decor finds that I just couldn’t resist sharing with y’all!
A little personal background here is that my mom was an interior decorator. She had a true gift for it. I used to find it incredibly boring, but now I fully understand why she wanted to decorate and re-style people’s homes for a living! I spend hours scrolling through Pinterest mentally designing homes and rooms that I don’t even own. Once I graduated, I got really invested in decorating my home to reflect my personality and style. I’ve come a long way (if I say so myself!). Friends are constantly texting me now asking for tips and advice because they know how much I love it.
We’ve definitely acquired a go-to list of places we check for home decor.
Sites & Stores to Find Affordable & Stylish Decor:
- Overstock | For larger items – I got my headboard here for so cheap and it worked out perfectly!
- Wayfair | Mainly used by us for pillows and smaller decor items
- West Elm | Great furniture options, and also has really cute small decor
- Cost Plus World Market | This is our go-to for all of the random things. From small kitchen items, to pillows, mirrors, or simple details like a soap dish for the kitchen…they have a little bit of everything.
- Lulu & Georgia | A little bit on the pricier side, but they have a lot of sales. I also use this as inspiration, and then look for similar items on more affordable websites like the other ones on this list
- Amazon | They have seriously expanded their home decor options. They have everything! We’re currently shopping for an indoor plant for the living room, but also have found great candles, blankets, and kitchen-ware
- Minted | I got my gorgeous gallery wall (see it in this post) from Minted, and they made the process so simple. They have every art print and frame styling you can possibly imagine!
- Nordstrom | Nordstrom is honestly my go-to for just about everything, but you can always find amazing (affordable) pieces that are super stylish. Plus, their customer service can’t be beat! They often have home sales from time to time, so be on the lookout for those.
- Target | As if we all need another excuse to shop here…but with their new Threshold collections their home decor is gorgeous. Half of our living room has been decorated with pieces from here, and we love them!
Here are some of the things we’ve either purchased or had our eye on lately from some of these stores! If you’re totally re-decorating like we are, or just looking to spruce things up and get a fresh look when the seasons change, these are all great options!