Now that we’ve started to settle into a new routine and are simultaneously trying to embrace the summertime that we have left, Dalton and I have started grilling every Wednesday night with different recipes and sides so that we can sit out on the patio and take a break halfway through the work week.
I’ve been loving this little midway addition to my work weeks, and it always makes them feel shorter and less grueling! I’ve also loved the new chances to test out recipes (for someone besides only myself) and turn off all of the noise/social media/technology for an entire evening after work.
Last night we tried out an out of this world (and incredibly easy) roasted potato recipe that I know I’m going to be adding into my rotation as often as possible. We combined it with some burgers on the grill and some corn on the cob, poured some wine, and turned on my favorite relaxing patio playlist (on Spotify). Doesn’t get much better than that, does it?!
Anyway, with this new addition to our routine I’m planning on sharing any of the particularly incredible recipes I try out (and some of the fails, too – be sure to follow along on Instagram Stories for that!) with all of you!
Keep reading for the easiest, affordable, and so insanely delicious roasted potato recipe!
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 clove = 1-1.5 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I added a little extra at the end, too!)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, spray a baking sheet.
- Put the potato pieces into a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper.
- Toss together until the seasonings are spread thoroughly.
- Spread potatoes evenly on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top at the end, and serve!
Here are some bonus snaps of our (very casual) date night last week, too!