As I’m writing this, I’m finishing packing up my bags to finally head off to the Outer Banks for the weekend! I’m really looking forward to a week of relaxing and exploring with Dalton and his family – and their two adorable dogs, of course!
We are staying in a house for the week, but I’m still not entirely sure what the kitchen//grocery situation will be, and I’m guessing we will likely be going out to eat more often than not, but I’m really hoping I might be able to swing by a little grocery store somewhere before Monday and pick up a handful of ingredients to whip up something sweet and simple to snack on for Memorial Day!
Whatever your Memorial Day plans are, it’s always nice to add a little personal touch to bring to a host – or to serve up to your own guests! I rounded up a delicious (and easy) healthy appetizer, a sweet looking dessert, and some adorable mini skewers to cover all of the bases and top off your Memorial Day weekend with a bang!
- 1/2 seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- chopped mint leaves (around 2tbsp)
- 2-4 limes, juiced
- Combine the fruit, mint and berries in a bowl
- Toss in the lime juice right before serving.
It’s that simple!
I may have a slight caprese obsession, but it’s just so delicious and refreshing in the spring and summer! My other favorite caprese-themed recipe is right here.
- Mini Mozzarella Balls (or regular caprese cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves, cut in half
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt + Pepper
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan, then lower to a simmer until it’s a thin syrupy consistency (about 10 mins). Pour into a separate bowl and let cool.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Put a mozzarella cheese ball, a basil leaf, and a tomato half onto a tooth pick. Repeat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and finally drizzle balsamic reduction on top.
- 9×13-inch pan of Brownies (chilled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- Large marshmallows
- Hot Fudge sauce for drizzling (optional)
- Wooden Skewers
- Alternate threading fruit, brownies, and marshmallows onto a skewer. Drizzle entire plate with chocolate sauce and serve.
I hope one of these inspires you to whip up something tasty and delicious like I’m going to (attempt) to do – either way, I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!